Calling all volunteers!
Calling all volunteers!
Would you like to help out at this year’s School Games National Finals? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right place, as we are looking for your help!
Between Thursday 01 and Sunday 04 September 2022, over 1,100 young athletes will compete across ten sports, including disability disciplines, at venues across Loughborough University Campus.
We are delighted to welcome back spectators this year, and so are set for a bigger and better event than ever before, which is where you would come in. With over 7,000 spectators expected over the competition we are looking for 250 volunteers to help make the event a great experience for all in attendance, whether that be supporting spectators’ attendance or helping us organise events on the day.
To register to be a volunteer at this year’s School Games National Finals, sign up here.
To be eligible to apply:
- You must be 16 or over to volunteer at the Games as an individual volunteer. For Local School Group volunteers or young volunteers please see the section below
- Volunteers must be available for a minimum of three shifts throughout the Games but if you can do more that would be great, so please indicate this on your application
- You must be able to source your own accommodation or travel as no support will be provided.
There will be a variety of roles available to general volunteers at the games including, but not limited to, working on ticket desks, supporting the athletes, providing spectator support and many other duties.
- We will require a few volunteers during the weekend / days leading up to the start of the Games to carry out duties including general venue set up, bag packing and general administration tasks in preparation for the event
- If you indicate on your registration form that you are interested in a particular role, we cannot guarantee that you will be given this role, however, we will do our utmost to put you into a similar role
- When completing the information on your availability to volunteer, can you please ensure that, where possible, you are actually available, at that time, and willing to volunteer at that time. We are aware situations do change, so will look to accommodate any changes if required.
Nicky Collett has volunteered for at least three School Games National Finals. She commented: “The School Games National Finals is an amazing event bringing together talented young people from across the UK in a range of sports. I love being involved working with volunteers to ensure the athletes have the very best experience they can possibly have.
“There is always something new to learn and it’s great to re-engage with members of the workforce during the games. An event not to be missed.”
If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!